Wild Mushroom Risotto
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) Mixed Shrooms (chanterelle, porcini, shitake, crimini, portobello
- 1 cup(s) spring onions or scallions white part only, roughly chopped
- 5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1/2 white onion minced
- 4 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup(s) arborio rice
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup(s) aged cheddar grated
- 1/3 cup(s) aged gouda grated
- 2 ounce(s) brie rind removed
- 2 tablespoon(s) creme fraiche
- 1) Preheat oven to 400 degress. Clean mushrooms and pat dry. Slice mushrooms vertically from base to cap.
- 2) Toss sliced mushrooms and spring onions or scallions with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes, or until slightly browned. Meanwhile, bring stock to a low simmer.
- 3) In a thick-bottomed saucepan, heat butter, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and minced onion. Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- 4) Add rice and cook with onion for about a minute. Add wine and bay leaf. Stir until wine is reduced by half. Add enough hot stock to over rice. Stirring constantly, gradually add more stock. When rice is cooked to your liking, add roasted mushrooms and spring onions, cheeses and creme fraiche, stirring over low heat until fully absorbed. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mansh1717 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wild Mushroom Risotto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes