awesome, sauteed mushrooms/onions in evoo and butter.even added some spinach(fresh)also didnt use dried mushrooms only baby bellas and white.did rice in a vegetable boullion.just amazing.
Wild Mushroom and Rice Timbales
Timbales are metal molds used to shape rice and custard mixtures. Ramekins, glass custard cups, or even dry measuring cups make a fine substitute. Serve this side dish with roasted chicken, beef, or pork. It's also nice with salmon.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 36.8g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 415mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms, chopped (about 1/2 ounce)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup brown rice blend (such as Lundberg)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped portobello mushroom cap (about 1 cap)
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Place porcini mushrooms in a small bowl; cover with 1 cup boiling water. Let stand 20 minutes or until soft. Drain mushrooms in a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid.
- Place reserved mushroom liquid, 1 1/2 cups water, rice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- While rice cooks, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, portobello mushrooms, and button mushrooms; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid mostly evaporates, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, porcini mushrooms, and chopped thyme.
- Remove rice from heat; stir in mushroom mixture, cheese, and pepper.
- Coat 4 timbales or 4 (6-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray. Pack about 1 cup rice mixture into each timbale; invert onto plates. Garnish with thyme, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note