Wild Mushroom Ragù With Tortellini
More From Southern Living
- 1 pound refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pinch fresh ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound cremini mushroom caps, sliced*
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, sliced*
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, sliced*
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnishes: fresh parsley, freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Stir together cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes or until cream has thickened and will coat back of spoon. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium high; add mushrooms and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cover and cook 8 minutes. Uncover and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add cream mixture, 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and pepper to skillet; stir until blended.
- Toss pasta with mushroom sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2/3 cup grated cheese. Serve pasta in warmed bowls. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note