Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Cathy Muir
Before making these simple nachos, you'll need to make the Refried White Beans and Roasted-Tomato Sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 4 nachos)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 303
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 9.8mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 704mg
- Calcium: 151mg
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- Cooking spray
- 2 small portobello mushrooms, sliced (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup Refried White Beans
- 1/3 cup Roasted-Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Lime rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place tortilla quarters on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Place sliced mushrooms in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Drizzle mushrooms with broth, lemon juice, soy sauce, and oil, and sprinkle with basil and thyme. Toss well. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain mushroom slices, discarding liquid.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Refried White Beans over each tortilla quarter, and top with mushrooms. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon Roasted-Tomato Sauce and 1 teaspoon feta cheese. Place tortilla quarters on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until tortillas are thoroughly heated. Garnish nachos with lime rind, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers