Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Cathy Muir
Before making these simple nachos, you'll need to make the Refried White Beans and Roasted-Tomato Sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 4 nachos)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 303
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 9.8mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 704mg
- Calcium: 151mg
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- Cooking spray
- 2 small portobello mushrooms, sliced (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup Refried White Beans
- 1/3 cup Roasted-Tomato Sauce
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Lime rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place tortilla quarters on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until crisp.
- Place sliced mushrooms in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Drizzle mushrooms with broth, lemon juice, soy sauce, and oil, and sprinkle with basil and thyme. Toss well. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain mushroom slices, discarding liquid.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Refried White Beans over each tortilla quarter, and top with mushrooms. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon Roasted-Tomato Sauce and 1 teaspoon feta cheese. Place tortilla quarters on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until tortillas are thoroughly heated. Garnish nachos with lime rind, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note