Great hit! The whole family enjoyed this. I omitted the mustard and used regular white mushrooms because I have a 9 and 6 year old. I also added an extra egg. I will make again.
Wild Mushroom-Egg Bake
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 73%
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 271mg
- Cholesterol: 199mg
- About 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh morels or oyster mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded havarti or jack cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large frying pan over high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle cheese on the bottom. In a small bowl, mix cream, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour half the cream mixture over the cheese. Top with mushrooms and eggs. Pour remaining cream mixture over the top. Bake until eggs are set, about 35 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
The soft, creamy texture comes from layering the cream with the eggs rather than beating them together.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note