I was really disappointed in the flavor.. kind of bland, lacking "oomph" we added a lot of srichacha...
Wild Mushroom and Chicken Stir-Fry
Wild mushrooms add meaty texture and earthy taste. You can substitute sliced button or baby portobello mushrooms. Serve with lo mein noodles.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 203
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 7.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 537mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced oyster mushroom caps
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Combine chicken, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine oyster sauce, water, sugar, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes. Add snow peas and mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Stir in oyster sauce mixture; cook for 30 seconds or until thickened. Stir in onions; remove from heat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine