I have been making this recipe since it came out in 1997. Everyone that has had it raves about. Very simple. My biggest complaint is stuffing the shells, or the shells being broken. I have even added cooked chicken.
Wild-Mushroom Cannelloni with Basil Alfredo Sauce
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 396
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 16.9g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 519mg
- Calcium: 195mg
- 12 uncooked cannelloni shells
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound coarsely chopped assorted wild mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) container light Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cups diced plum tomato (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well; set aside.
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; saute 1 minute. Add mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add green onions, bell peppers, and vinegar; saute 2 minutes. Remove mushroom mixture from heat, and stir in chopped parsley, oregano, and thyme. Cool. Stir in mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup mushroom mixture into each cannelloni shell. Arrange stuffed shells in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine Alfredo sauce and basil, and pour over stuffed cannelloni. Cover with foil; chill.
- To serve, let cannelloni stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Bake, covered, at 325° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle tomato and Parmesan cheese over shells, and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This