- 12 uncooked cannelloni shells
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound coarsely chopped assorted wild mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) container light Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cups diced plum tomato (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)
- calories 396
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 11 g
- satfat 5.9 g
- monofat 2.1 g
- polyfat 1.5 g
- protein 16.9 g
- carbohydrate 57 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 29 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 519 mg
- calcium 195 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well; set aside.
Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; saute 1 minute. Add mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add green onions, bell peppers, and vinegar; saute 2 minutes. Remove mushroom mixture from heat, and stir in chopped parsley, oregano, and thyme. Cool. Stir in mozzarella cheese.
Spoon about 1/3 cup mushroom mixture into each cannelloni shell. Arrange stuffed shells in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine Alfredo sauce and basil, and pour over stuffed cannelloni. Cover with foil; chill.
To serve, let cannelloni stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 325°.
Bake, covered, at 325° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle tomato and Parmesan cheese over shells, and garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.