Really good flavor and will make again. I could not find just chanterelle or crimini mushrooms so I used 8 oz. sliced gourmet mushrooms along with 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I really liked the smokiness of the mushrooms with the flavor of the sweet potato.
Wild Mushroom-and-Sweet Potato Gratin
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Chanterelle mushrooms and fontina cheese contribute a delicate, nutty flavor that contrasts nicely with sweet potatoes in this dish. Serve this casserole with roasted pork loin or ham.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 193
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 26.8g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 282mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced cremini mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 3 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced chanterelle mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 4 cups peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until moisture evaporates, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon parsley and 1 tablespoon chives.
- Arrange half of potato slices in a single layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spoon half of the mushroom mixture over potato slices; sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese; add broth to dish. Cover and bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles