Really good flavor and will make again. I could not find just chanterelle or crimini mushrooms so I used 8 oz. sliced gourmet mushrooms along with 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I really liked the smokiness of the mushrooms with the flavor of the sweet potato.
Wild Mushroom-and-Sweet Potato Gratin
Chanterelle mushrooms and fontina cheese contribute a delicate, nutty flavor that contrasts nicely with sweet potatoes in this dish. Serve this casserole with roasted pork loin or ham.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 193
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 26.8g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 282mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced cremini mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 3 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced chanterelle mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 4 cups peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until moisture evaporates, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon parsley and 1 tablespoon chives.
- Arrange half of potato slices in a single layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spoon half of the mushroom mixture over potato slices; sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese; add broth to dish. Cover and bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and chives.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles