- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced cremini mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 3 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced chanterelle mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 4 cups peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- calories 193
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 6.1 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 2.3 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 8 g
- carbohydrate 26.8 g
- fiber 4.7 g
- cholesterol 17 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 282 mg
- calcium 110 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 5 minutes or until moisture evaporates, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon parsley and 1 tablespoon chives.
Arrange half of potato slices in a single layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spoon half of the mushroom mixture over potato slices; sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese; add broth to dish. Cover and bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and chives.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.