Loved it! Didn't change a thing except I used fresh spinach instead of frozen.
Wild Mushroom-and-Spinach Lasagna with Goat-Cheese Sauce
The robust flavor of the goat-cheese sauce and wild mushrooms is mellowed by the spinach and tomatoes.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 375
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 7.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 22.3g
- Carbohydrate: 44.4g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 699mg
- Calcium: 479mg
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms (about 1 ounce)
- 2 (3 1/2-ounce) packages shiitake mushrooms
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles (such as Barilla or Vigo)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2 cups chopped plum tomato
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine the water and porcini in a medium bowl; cover and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain in a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1 cup soaking liquid. Bring the soaking liquid to a boil in small saucepan; reduce heat to medium, and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Remove the stems from shiitakes; discard stems. Slice shiitake caps.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add porcini, shiitake, and button mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt, thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; sauté 12 minutes or until softened. Add wine; cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add 1/4 cup porcini mushroom liquid and milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook until mixture thickens (about 4 minutes). Remove from heat. Add the goat cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and1/8 teaspoon pepper, and stir until cheese melts.
- Spread 1/2 cup cheese sauce in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 2 noodles over cheese sauce, and top with half of mushroom mixture, half of spinach, 3/4 cup tomato, 1/2 cup cheese sauce, and 1/4 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers, ending with noodles. Spread remaining cheese sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup tomato, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Wild Mushroom-and-Spinach Lasagna with Goat-Cheese Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Casseroles