Wild Mushroom and Orzo Soup With Italian Meatballs
- 6 cup(s) beef or chicken stock
- 1 stalk(s) celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Italian Meatballs
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) minced fresh, flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) orzo pasta
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pound(s) wild or exotic mushrooms, sliced
- 1. In a large pot, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until it starts to soften, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, celery, salt, basil, and oregano. Saute until vegetables begin to soften and mushrooms have released their juices, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add stock and bring to a boil. Carefully add meatballs and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until meatballs are cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
- 3. Increase heat to medium-high and bring back to a boil. Stir in orzo and boil until tender, about 8 minutes. Add parsley, lemon juice, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and pass additional Parmesan at the table.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note