Wild Florida Shrimp-Tangerine Mojito Appetizer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly grated tangerine zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 jumbo wild Florida shrimp, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1/2 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Toast 2 to 3 minutes or until aromatic. Remove from heat, and cool completely. Grind to a rough, coarse ground in a spice grinder. Combine fresh ground spices with tangerine zest, thyme, and salt. Rub spice mixture over shrimp.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add garlic, reduce heat to medium, and cook shrimp 2 to 3 more minutes on each side, or until pink and cooked through.
- Add rum and tangerine juice. Cook 1 minute, and stir in mint and cilantro. Serve immediately with bread for sopping up pan juices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This