- 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) GOYA Red Kidney Beans or GOYA Low Sodium Red Kidney Beans
- 2 tablespoons GOYA Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon GOYA Minced Garlic, or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) GOYA Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- GOYA Adobo with Pepper, to taste
- GOYA Jalapeño Salsita (optional)
How to Make It
Drain beans, reserving liquid; set aside. Heat oil in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepot over medium-high heat. Add beef, onions and garlic; cook until browned, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, about 10 minutes. Stir in reserved bean liquid, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin. Bring beef mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 1 hour.
Stir reserved beans into meat mixture. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes more. Stir in sugar; season with adobo. Divide chili evenly among serving bowls. Garnish with salsita, if desired.