- 1 pound dried whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound green chard (rinsed, ends trimmed, and coarsely chopped)
- 1 container (15 oz.) low-fat ricotta
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted, salted pistachios
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- calories 430
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- protein 22 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 3.2 g
- carbohydrate 66 g
- fiber 11 g
- sodium 260 mg
- cholesterol 20 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, 7 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups pasta-cooking water. Return spaghetti to pan.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic; stir until fragrant but not brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chard; stir 3 to 4 minutes. Add 1 cup of reserved water; cook until chard stems are tenderto bite, 6 to 8 minutes.
Mix chard mixture into hot spaghetti with ricotta, pistachios, pecorino, lemon peel, lemon juice, remaining 1/2 cup reserved pasta-cooking water, and salt and pepper to taste.