Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Bacon, Shrimp, and Watercress
Watercress adds a peppery bite to this shrimp-bacon combo of Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Bacon, Shrimp, and Watercress.
More From Health
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 726mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 slice thick-cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1 bunch watercress, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the label until al dente. Reserve 3 TBSP cooking liquid; drain.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Cool on paper towels, crumble, and reserve. Add oil and onion to skillet. Cook until soft (5-7 minutes).
- 3. Add shrimp. Raise heat to medium-high; cook until opaque (5-6 minutes). Toss in watercress, pasta with water, bacon, pepper, and red pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This