This is a very tasy and easy weeknight dinner my family likes.
Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Garlic, Parsley, and Lemon
Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Garlic, Parsley, and Lemon is a simple and easy main dish to make. This pasta dish also packs a powerful punch thanks to the lemon zest that has a much stronger flavor than the fruit’s juice.
More From Health
- Calories: 331
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 152mg
- Calcium: 133mg
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 1 3/4 cups chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 ounce Asiago, Pecorino, or Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1. Cook the pasta according to the label until al dente. Reserve 3 TBSP cooking liquid; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat 2 TBSP oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, add the garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown and fragrant (3-4 minutes). Stir in the parsley, pepper, and lemon zest. Cook, stirring often, until the parsley is tender (3-4 minutes).
- 3. Add the pasta and cooking liquid to the skillet with the salt and remaining TBSP oil. Toss until well mixed. Top with the cheese and serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note