I LIKE TO ADD JUST A LITTLE EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose or whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dried Herbs
- 1 2tsp envelope(s) Active Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Warm Water 110 degree
- Non stick cooking spray
- Mix 2 1/2 cups flour, herbs (if using), salt, sugar, and yeast into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a dough blade or a standing mixer with a dough hook. While the food processor or mixer is running, gradually add 1 cup of the water until the dough collects in a ball around the blade or dough hook.
- Adjust the texture of the dough by adding additional warm water if it's too dry, or a little flour if it's too wet, as you mix or pulse it in the processor. It should have a soft and supple -- but not sticky -- texture and should spring softly to the touch. (I like to take mine out of the food processor and knead it a few times by hand to make sure the consistency is still soft but elastic and bouncing back into shape after you press it with your finger.)
- Coat a large bowl with cooking spray. Place the dough inside and cover with plastic wrap to rest at room temperature, one to two hours. After the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and flatten it on a pizza pan or screen to form one large, 16-inch round, or cut the dough into eight equal portions to make eight, 4-inch mini rounds. Transfer dough to two baking sheets.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover the pizza pan or baking sheets with a dry dish towel and let rest an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove the towel and top with your preferred ingredients. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust browns around the edges and the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition Facts
- Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total
- Calories 153 Sodium 292mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrates 32gm 11% Protein 6gm
- * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- ** Nutrient information is not available.
- Read more: http://www.kitchendaily.com/recipe/whole-wheat-pizza-dough-143224/#ixzz1OtH35Mma
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Gumster55 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes