Whole wheat pizza dough
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 teaspoon(s) Active dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup(s) All-purpose White flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) Honey
- 1 cup(s) hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) table salt
- 2 cup(s) Whole wheat flour
- Place the yeast and honey in a large mixing bowl and pour the heated water over the mixture, stirring until well blended. Let the mixture stand for about 5 - 7 minutes until foamy.
- Add the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour and salt and stir with a fork until a coarse dough forms.
- Continue to mix by hand until a dough ball forms and all the flour is well blended.
- Cover the bowl and place it in a sink with about 4 inches of hot water in the bottom. The heat from the warm water will help the dough rise. The dough will double in size in about 30 - 40 minutes. Punch it a few times with your fingers and let it rise another 30 minutes.
- Remove from the bowl and cover any dough you arent goin go to use immediately and chill.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mandanicole and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Whole wheat pizza dough Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes