Whole Wheat Pita Pizzas with Spinach, Fontina, and Onions
Fontina, a creamy Italian cheese, has a nutty flavor. Its silky texture makes it the perfect topping for pizza because it melts so easily.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 287
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 42.6g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 466mg
- Calcium: 118mg
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vertically sliced red onion
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach leaves
- 4 (7-inch) whole wheat pitas
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) shredded Fontina cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Add spinach and sauté 2 minutes or just until spinach begins to wilt. Remove from heat.
- 4. Place pitas on a large baking sheet; brush with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Top pitas evenly with garlic-spinach mixture and cheese. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes or until cheese melts and pitas are brown.
- Serve with: Arugula Salad
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note