Whole Wheat Pesto Pizza
Photo: Greg Dupree; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
Double the recipe (making two pizzas) to feed four to six people. Make the Arugula Pesto while the dough stands.
Yield: Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 pound purchased whole wheat pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon plain yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons Arugula Pesto
- Desired toppings (see below)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Let dough stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Coat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with vegetable oil, and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 2. Stretch or roll dough out, and arrange in skillet, gently stretching edges to cover bottom and sides of skillet. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and spread with Arugula Pesto. Add desired toppings; sprinkle with cheese. Brush edges of dough with olive oil.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 18 minutes or until browned.
- Try These Toppings Cooked ground turkey sausage, sliced red onion, and sliced sweet mini bell peppers Roasted butternut squash, sliced shallots, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh sage Mozzarella cheese slices, plum tomato slices, and basil Thinly sliced potatoes, mushrooms, and fontina cheese
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note