Whole-Wheat Pepperoni Pizza
Let your toddler help by:
- Pouring the measured ingredients into the food processor with your guidance.
- Placing the pepperoni slices on the pizza.
- Sprinkling the cheese on the pizza.
Yield: 6 adult servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 261
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 14.3g
- Carbohydrate: 29.4g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 602mg
- Calcium: 235mg
- 3.6 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 3.4 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 package quick-rise yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 24 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flours, yeast, salt, and sugar in a food processor; process until blended. Combine very warm water and oil in a 1-cup glass measure. Slowly pour water mixture through food chute with processor on; process until mixture forms a ball. Process an additional 1 minute.
- 2. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; coat dough with cooking spray. Let rest 15 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 500°.
- 4. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Place dough on an inverted large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Crimp edges of dough to form a rim. Spread sauce over surface of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle sauce with pepperoni and cheese.
- 5. Bake at 500° for 11 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Cut into 6 wedges.
- kitchen tip
- Let your food processor prepare the dough for this recipe, or purchase a prebaked whole-wheat thin-crust pizza shell from the grocery store. Substitute your favorite pizza veggies for the pepperoni for a vegetarian option.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes