Let your toddler help by:
- Pouring the measured ingredients into the food processor with your guidance.
- Placing the pepperoni slices on the pizza.
- Sprinkling the cheese on the pizza.
1. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flours, yeast, salt, and sugar in a food processor; process until blended. Combine very warm water and oil in a 1-cup glass measure. Slowly pour water mixture through food chute with processor on; process until mixture forms a ball. Process an additional 1 minute.
2. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; coat dough with cooking spray. Let rest 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 500°.
4. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Place dough on an inverted large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Crimp edges of dough to form a rim. Spread sauce over surface of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; sprinkle sauce with pepperoni and cheese.
5. Bake at 500° for 11 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Cut into 6 wedges.
Let your food processor prepare the dough for this recipe, or purchase a prebaked whole-wheat thin-crust pizza shell from the grocery store. Substitute your favorite pizza veggies for the pepperoni for a vegetarian option.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.