- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stems discarded
- 12 ounces whole-wheat penne
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 small lemons)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
- calories 412
- fat 14 g
- satfat 3 g
- protein 16 g
- carbohydrate 59 g
- fiber 10 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- sodium 340 mg
How to Make It
Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add broccoli; cook until just tender, 3 minutes. Scoop out broccoli with a slotted spoon; transfer to a bowl. Add pasta and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
Warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chickpeas, reserved broccoli and 1/2 tsp. salt and cook, stirring, until heated through.
Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot and stir in chickpea and broccoli mixture and lemon juice. Stir in reserved cooking liquid, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until pasta is lightly moistened. Spoon pasta into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.