Very good recipe. I did add 3 grilled chicken breasts sliced to add some protein. Would be fine alone too.
Whole-Wheat Pasta With Mushrooms
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 12 minutes.
More From Health
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- Pinch garlic salt
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 sliced shallot
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package presliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced mixed mushroom blend
- 1 (16-ounce) package presliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1. Bring large pot of water to boil. Add garlic salt to water, and cook pasta according to directions.
- 2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick pan; sauté shallot. Add all mushrooms, and cook over medium-high heat for 5–6 minutes or until brown; turn to brown on opposite side for another 5–6 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3. Drain pasta. Toss in a large bowl with mushroom mixture. Add the truffle oil, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and remaining salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- 4. Top with Parmesan and parsley; serve hot.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note