- Pinch garlic salt
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 sliced shallot
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package presliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced mixed mushroom blend
- 1 (16-ounce) package presliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- calories 310
- fat 9 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 13 g
- carbohydrate 49 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 280 mg
- calcium 83 mg
How to Make It
Bring large pot of water to boil. Add garlic salt to water, and cook pasta according to directions.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick pan; sauté shallot. Add all mushrooms, and cook over medium-high heat for 5–6 minutes or until brown; turn to brown on opposite side for another 5–6 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Drain pasta. Toss in a large bowl with mushroom mixture. Add the truffle oil, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and remaining salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Top with Parmesan and parsley; serve hot.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.