Whole-Wheat Dinner Rolls
With a dash of flavor from rosemary and olive oil, I slip these puppies into the mix and never get complaints from my "white bread" friends!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) rosemary fresh, minced (optional)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon(s) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 3/4 - 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup(s) instant pashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup(s) nonfat dry milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- melted unsalted butter
- coarse salt
- 1. Heat whole milk and honey in a saucepan over medium to between 105 to 115 degrees; remove from heat. Whisk in rosemary and yeast, cover, and let mixture proof until foamy, about 5 minutes. Stir in oil.
- 2 .Combine 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, potato flakes, dry milk and salt in the bowl of a standard mixer. Add yeast mixture. Using a dough hook on medium speed, knead dough, 6 to 8 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed (if dough seems too sticky add 1/4 cup more all-purpose flour).
- 3. Form dough into a ball and transfer to a large bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; coat paper with nonstick spray. Turn dough into a lightly-floured work surface; divide dough in half. Cut each half into eight portions, about 2 oz. each. Roll each portion into a ball.
- 4. Arrange rolls 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Cover rolls with plastic wrap that's been coated in nonstick spray. Let rolls rise until doubled in size, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350 with rack in center. Bake rolls until light brown, 20 minutes. Brush rolls with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt; let cool on baking sheet at least 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jandalay13 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note