Easy to make, great to eat and cheap! I made this without having to buy but one ingredient. The nuts are interchangeable, somewhat, as I used pecans. This is one recipe that will be used again and again.
Whole Wheat Date-Nut Bread
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Dissolve baking soda in milk; stir in molasses. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.
- Whole Wheat Raisin-Nut Bread: Substitute 3/4 cup raisins for 3/4 cup chopped dates; proceed as directed.
- Whole Wheat Nut Bread: Omit chopped dates; proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads