Super easy to make. Instead of butter I used coconut oil and garnished with sweetened coconut instead of banana chips prior to baking. Baked about 21 minutes - I'm at very high altitude. Yummy tasting, not too sweet, and not too fluffy yet not too dense either. Will def make again.
Whole-Wheat Banana Muffins
There's nothing better for breakfast than a hot fluffy muffin right out of the oven. This Whole-Wheat Banana version is not only healthy but moist and full of flavor. Top each muffin with a dried banana chip for that extra special touch.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Sodium: 102mg
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 dried banana chips, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F; mist a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper or foil liners. In a large bowl, combine both types of flour with baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 2. In a separate bowl, mix bananas with eggs, sugar, milk, butter and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Fold banana mixture into flour mixture just until combined and batter forms; do not overmix.
- 3. Spoon batter into muffin cups; place a banana chip on top of each one, if desired. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note