Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup(s) ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 whole(s) large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup(s) 1% low fat milk
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted and at room temp
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flours, ground flaxseed, salt, and baking powder. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture; set aside. In another medium mixing bowl, beat egg yolks slightly. Stir in milk and melted butter. Add egg yolk mixture all at once to the dry mixture; stir until moistened (batter should be lumpy). In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gently fold beaten egg whites into flour and egg yolk mixture, leaving a few fluffs of egg white; do not over mix. Pour about 3/4 cup batter into grids of preheated, lightly greased waffle iron; close lid quickly and do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. When done, lift waffle off grid with fork. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Higher protein variation: Add 3/4 cup vegetarian protein powder to dry mixture. Decrease milk to 1 1/2 cups and add 1/2 cup water to wet mixture. Continue with recipe as directed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mlb626 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes