- 10 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (or homemade chicken stock)
- 3 cups very thinly sliced kale leaves (stems removed)
- 8 ounces whole-grain angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti, broken into small pieces
- 6 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese (see Notes)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Red chile flakes (optional)
- calories 236
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- protein 19 g
- fat 5.8 g
- satfat 4 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- sodium 1059 mg
- cholesterol 17 mg
How to Make It
In a large pot over high heat, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add kale, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook 2 minutes. Add pasta and cook until tender but not soft, 4 to 7 minutes or according to package instructions. While pasta is cooking, use a vegetable peeler to shave cheese into strips about 3 in. long and 1/2 in. wide (strips do not need to be exact).
Just before serving, stir in lemon juice, then divide soup among 6 bowls. Top each bowl with cheese and a sprinkling of chile flakes, if you like.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.