- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated carrot (about 2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (reserved from Dinner 3)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 demi baguette slices (reserved from Dinner 3)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (reserved from Dinner 3)
- 1 pound extra-lean ground sirloin
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup unsalted ketchup
- calories 396
- fat 13.5 g
- satfat 5.3 g
- monofat 5.3 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 34 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 160 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 461 mg
- calcium 74 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add carrot, garlic, thyme, and onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté 6 minutes. Add stock, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Cool completely.
Place bread in a mini food processor; process until coarse crumbs form. Combine breadcrumbs, quinoa, beef, and eggs. Stir in mushroom mixture and cheese. Shape beef mixture into 8 (4 x 2-inch) free-form loaves; place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until done. Top each loaf with 1 tablespoon ketchup.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.