Whole Grain, Feta, and Olive Salad
Time: 30 minutes. Sunset reader Sarah Breeze loads up bulgur with a colorful assortment of fresh, crunchy vegetables and salty goodies. She created the salad for a sack lunch, but it makes an easy warm-weather side dish for dinner too.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 486
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated fat: 7.9g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 9.4g
- Sodium: 620mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 1 cup medium bulgur wheat
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/2 cup NiÃ§oise or kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted pistachios
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place bulgur in a medium bowl and add 2 1/2 cups boiling water. Let sit until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Pour off any remaining water. Add rest of ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note