Whole Cooked Artichokes
- 4 large artichokes
- Lemon wedge
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash artichokes by plunging up and down in cold water. Cut off stem ends, and trim about 1/2 inch from top of each artichoke. Remove any loose bottom leaves. Trim one-fourth off top of each outer leaf with scissors, and rub cut edges with lemon wedge.
- Arrange artichokes in a Dutch oven; cover with water, and add lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until lower leaves pull out easily. Drain.
- Microwave Directions: Stand artichokes in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish; add 1 cup water to dish. Cover dish with heavy-duty plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 15 to 20 minutes, giving dish a quarter turn halfway through cooking time. Let stand 5 minutes. (When done, petals near the center will pull out easily). Prep: 15 min., Cook: 20 min., Stand: 5 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This