White And Yellow Cake
Yield: one 3-layer cake
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- Cream Filling
- Cooked Cream Frosting
- Grease and flour three 9 - inch round cake pans; set aside.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Mix together one - third of batter, egg yolks, and food coloring; beat well, and set aside.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until stiff peaks form; gently fold into remaining two-thirds batter.
- Pour yellow batter into 1 prepared cake pan. Pour white batter in to remaining cake pans. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove layers from pan, and let cake cool completely.
- Spread Cream Filling between layers, placing yellow layer in the center; spread top and sides with Cooked Cream Frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings