- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 (4-ounce) block mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 (6.5-ounce) cans chopped clams, drained
- Toppings: chopped fresh basil, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute or until lightly browned. Carefully stir in wine and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until thickened.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir together hot pasta, mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in a large serving bowl, tossing to coat until cheeses start to melt. Stir clams into tomato sauce; pour tomato sauce over pasta mixture, and toss to combine. Serve immediately with desired toppings.