- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large carrots, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups Swanson® Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 12 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender.
Stir the broth and wild rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
Stir in the white rice. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Tip: Wild rice is a relatively expensive ingredient, but a little goes a long way. The 1/2 cup in this recipe lends texture and a rich nutty flavor.