Delicious recipe! We like garlic in my family and it was great. Don't add too much salt though, it's on the verge of too much. Also, I substituted pre-ground chicken and seasoned my own plain breadcrumbs (teaspoon each of rosemary, thyme, basil, and oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt) We ate it for leftovers and it was still really good.
White Spaghetti and Meatballs
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 431
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 40g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 629mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 large egg
- 10 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 (8-ounce) package spaghetti
- Process chicken and garlic clove in a food processor until ground.
- Stir together chicken mixture, egg, and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill 20 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place a rack coated with cooking spray in an aluminum foil-lined broiling pan. Arrange meatballs on rack; lightly spray meatballs with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 13 minutes or until golden and thoroughly cooked.
- Sauté mushrooms and nutmeg in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add minced garlic; sauté 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned particles from bottom of pan. Whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Add cream cheese, whisking until smooth and sauce is thickened.
- Add meatballs, red pepper, and parsley to sauce; simmer 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions omitting salt and oil; drain. Serve sauce with meatballs over pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This