- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 large egg
- 10 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 (8-ounce) package spaghetti
- calories 431
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 11.2 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- monofat 3.5 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 40 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- cholesterol 122 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 629 mg
- calcium 78 mg
How to Make It
Process chicken and garlic clove in a food processor until ground.
Stir together chicken mixture, egg, and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill 20 minutes.
Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place a rack coated with cooking spray in an aluminum foil-lined broiling pan. Arrange meatballs on rack; lightly spray meatballs with cooking spray.
Bake at 375° for 13 minutes or until golden and thoroughly cooked.
Sauté mushrooms and nutmeg in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add minced garlic; sauté 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned particles from bottom of pan. Whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Add cream cheese, whisking until smooth and sauce is thickened.
Add meatballs, red pepper, and parsley to sauce; simmer 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions omitting salt and oil; drain. Serve sauce with meatballs over pasta.