White Sheet Cake
This easy white sheet cake is perfect for tailgating season when you decorate each square with the colors and logos of your favorite teams.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 7 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until fluffy. Gradually add egg whites, one-third at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Sift together cake flour and baking powder; gradually add to butter mixture alternately with 1 cup water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Remove from pan to a serving platter. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note