I've been making this for years since it was first published, and it's one of my family's favorite desserts of all time. Amazing and simply delicious, especially in the hot summer months as a no-bake, cool dessert. Highly recommended, one of the few recipes from CL where I don't change a thing!
White Russian Tiramisu
This creamy tiramisu uses a combination of double-strength brewed coffee and mascarpone cheese--a soft triple-cream cheese that comes in small tubs. You can use regular cream cheese in its place, if you prefer. And you can find ladyfingers in either the bakery aisle or frozen-food case of your supermarket.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 134
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 139mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 1/2 cup ground coffee beans
- 1 3/4 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup Kahlúa (coffee-flavored liqueur), divided
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 24 ladyfingers (2 [3-ounce] packages)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
- Assemble drip coffee maker according to manufacturer's directions. Place the ground coffee in the coffee filter or filter basket. Add cold water to coffee maker and brew to make 1 1/2 cups. Combine the brewed coffee and 2 tablespoons Kahlúa in a shallow dish, and cool.
- Combine cheeses in a large bowl. Beat at high speed of a mixer until smooth. Add sugars and 2 tablespoons Kahlua, and beat until well-blended.
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise.
- Quickly dip 24 ladyfinger halves, flat sides down, into coffee mixture; place, dipped sides down, in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish, slightly overlapping ladyfinger halves. Spread half of cheese mixture over ladyfingers; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cocoa. Repeat procedure with remaining ladyfinger halves, coffee mixture, cheese mixture, and 1 teaspoon cocoa.
- Place 1 toothpick in each corner and 1 in the center of tiramisu (to prevent plastic wrap from sticking to cheese mixture); cover with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White Russian Tiramisu Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, New American, Italian
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Cheese
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter, Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light