White Rice Pilaf
Photo: Ralph Anderson
Yield: 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Garnishes: red bell pepper stars, fresh parsley sprigs
- Place first 5 ingredients in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 400° until butter melts. Stir gently until vegetables and rice are coated. Add broth and next 5 ingredients.
- Bake, covered, at 400° for 50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Press mixture into a 1/2-cup measuring cup, and invert onto individual plates. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables