White Port and Watermelon Granita
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 106
- Calories from fat: 3%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 3.6mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon shredded lime zest
- 6 cups cubed seeded watermelon, divided
- 1 cup white port
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1. In a small saucepan over high heat, bring 1 cup water, sugar, and lime zest to a boil; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Strain into a blender and add 3 cups cubed seeded watermelon. Whirl until smooth and pour into a 9- by 13-in. metal baking pan. Add 3 more cups watermelon to blender along with port and lime juice; whirl until smooth, add to pan, and mix well.
- 3. Cover and freeze until mixture is beginning to freeze at the edges, about 2 hours. Stir, cover, and freeze until solid, about 6 hours. Just before serving, scrape into soft clumps with a fork. Spoon into chilled glasses or bowls.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note