I used a trader joes pizza crust and this was absolutely delicious! 5 stars!
White Pizza with Tomato and Basil
Heating a cookie sheet in the oven before you put the pie on it gives you a crisper crust for this White Pizza with Tomato and Basil.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 352
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 40.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 643mg
- Calcium: 297mg
- 1 (10-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons refrigerated pesto with basil (such as Buitoni)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced small tomatoes (such as Campari tomatoes)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Place a baking sheet in oven; heat for 10 minutes.
- 3. While baking sheet heats, place crust on another baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Lightly coat crust with cooking spray. Spread pesto evenly over crust, leaving a 1-inch border; sprinkle mozzarella evenly over pesto. Dollop ricotta, by teaspoonfuls, evenly over mozzarella. Slide crust onto preheated baking sheet, using a spatula as a guide. Broil 5 inches from heat for 5 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Remove from oven; top evenly with tomatoes, black pepper, and basil. Sprinkle with red pepper, if desired. Cut into 8 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note