Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
More From Allyou
Preheat: 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 348
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 629mg
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or pecorino
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped (about 2 tsp.)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 1 Pizza Dough or
- 1 Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1. Place oven rack on lowest shelf. If you have a stone, place it on rack. Preheat oven to 550°F, or your oven's highest temperature, for 45 minutes.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- 3. Dust a 14-inch-wide pizza peel with cornmeal, then flatten dough on top. Using lightly floured fingers or a floured rolling pin, stretch dough into a 13- to 14-inch round. (Sprinkle peel with more cornmeal if necessary to make sure crust slides around easily on peel.) Spread cheese mixture in an even layer on dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
- 4. Carefully slide pizza onto stone. Bake until crust is just slightly charred on top and golden on bottom (lift an edge to check) and cheese has melted, about 8 minutes. Transfer pizza to a cutting board and let it rest for a minute or 2 before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note