White or Cheese Sauce
Betty Crocker Cookbook
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) milk
- for cheese sauce add
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1/2 cup(s) cheese
- Melt butter over low heat in a heavy saucepan. wooden spoon for stirring is a help. Blend in flour, seasonings, Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth, bubbly.
- Remove from heat, stirring constantly. Boil I minute.
- For Cheese sauce: add the dry mustard with the seasonings. Blend in cheese (cut up or grated). Stir until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
White or Cheese Sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments