White Meringue Ghosts
Photo: William Dickey
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate mini morsels
- String licorice (optional)
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves (2 to 4 minutes). Add extract; beat until blended.
- Spoon mixture into a zip-top plastic bag; snip a small hole in 1 corner, and pipe mixture into ghostly shapes on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Add mini morsels for eyes. If desired, cut licorice into 2-inch pieces. Firmly pinch ends together. Insert 1 in top of each ghost for a hanger.
- Bake at 200° for 2 hours. Turn oven off, and let meringues stand in closed oven with light on 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This