- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped (we tested with Ghirardelli)
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream, divided
- 6 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon orange zest, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Garnish: orange zest
How to Make It
Melt white chocolate in top of a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water.
Combine 1 cup whipping cream, milk, 2 tablespoons orange zest, and sugar in a large saucepan. Bring just to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Add 1 cup milk mixture to white chocolate in double boiler, stirring well with a wire whisk. Pour white chocolate mixture into milk mixture in saucepan. Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated, stirring gently. Pour into mugs.
Beat remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream, 1 teaspoon orange zest, vanilla, and nutmeg at medium speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Spoon dollops of whipped cream onto hot chocolate; garnish, if desired.