White Grape Winter Fruit Compote
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
Cool: 30 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruits, peeled and sectioned
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Garnish: maraschino cherries with stems
- 1. Cook sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, tilting pan occasionally, 10 minutes or until caramel colored. Remove from heat, and gradually pour white grape juice over sugar (mixture will bubble and seize). Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Cook mixture over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until sugar is dissolved (mixture will be syrupy). Remove from heat, and let cool 30 minutes.
- 3. Combine grapefruit and orange sections in a bowl. Pour juice mixture over fruit. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note