More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) white country bread cubes, stale, crustless
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 1/4 cups sliced almonds, blanched
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Freshly ground pepper
- Shredded mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, soak the bread in the grape juice for 5 minutes, pressing to soften.
- Spread the almonds in a pie plate and toast for 6 minutes, until lightly golden; let cool. Transfer 1 cup of the almonds to a blender. Add the bread, cucumber, apple, grapes, garlic, vinegar and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Puree until smooth. Strain the soup through a sieve into a bowl, pressing on the solids. Whisk in the buttermilk and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the gazpacho into cups and garnish with the mint and remaining 1/4 cup of almonds. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note